Contact us or have a look at our FAQ
Our team is at your service to answer your questions. Here are the answers to the most frequently asked questions:
The advantages are manifold:
- dgenious is particularly suitable for retail chains. These are characterized by users with very different needs and skills, IT systems that are not always unified, large amounts of data and complex permissions and authentication issues.
- dgenious is an operational system to be put in the hands of many users (at headquarters: management, people from marketing, finance, logistics…). In the network: managers of point of sales, regions, countries). This is what makes the difference compared to most other BI systems, which are only used by a small number of specialized employees in the company (IT department, data analyst, …).
- If they are allowed to do so, users can be autonomous in the creation of their reports. They can thus immediately obtain any report that is useful to them.
- Real-time data analysis on typical data volumes found in chains comprising hundreds or thousands of points of sale. This data can come from different databases.
- Significantly more efficient implementation, with up to 2-3 times faster time-to-production than traditional BI solutions.
dgenious is available in 2 versions, which allow different connection modes:
•All-in-1: for customers without a datawarehouse or datalake. dgenious connects directly to the databases of the systems you want to connect. Normally this allows real time analysis.
•Enterprise: dgenious connects to the existing datawarehouse or datalake.
With a few exceptions, any system using a professional database server can be integrated into dgenious. This covers the vast majority of business management tools such as ERP, PMS, POS, inventory management, …
The most frequently encountered servers are Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, Postgresql and Mysql and dgenious is compatible with many other servers.
Similarly, for the Enterprise version, dgenious connects to all modern solutions such as Snowflake, Redshift, …
When a small number of users all have permission to access all the data in a small database, a BI client installed on their computer does the trick. But this type of solution is no longer suitable when there are more users and/or they have different rights on the data (for example a store manager can only see the data of his store and not the data of other stores), or when the size of the data increases (from a few thousand rows to a few tens or hundreds of millions of rows). dgenious securely manages individual access to data, and works in real time on very large databases.
- dgenious is so simple and intuitive that a user who only uses reports does not need training.
- Our experience shows that 2 hours of training is enough for a user who wants to become an expert in creating reports.
dgenious can be deployed in the cloud or on-premise.
• For the dgenious All-in-1 version, you only need the dgenious license and no other license is required. This is a major difference with other solutions that typically require separate additional licenses for the ETL (Extract Transform Load) and for a database server(s) / data warehouse.
•For the dgenious Enterprise version, dgenious connects to your existing data warehouse or data lake for which you have your own licenses.
•The dgenious license covers an unlimited number of users, reports and queries.
The implementation of dgenious is fast because it doesn’t require the setup of an ETL to do complex pre-calculations, nor the setup of a data visualization tool to do hard-coded reports. As an example, a deployment in which dgenious is connected to the cash register system of a chain of stores or restaurants typically takes 1 month.
Les données sont récupérées des systèmes de production ou du datawarehouse/datalake (en fonction de la version dgenious choisie) par un robot d’acquisition spécialisé. Ce robot se déploie très facilement et n’a aucun impact sur la performance des serveurs de bases de données qu’il synchronise.
dgenious can be hosted on our cloud or on any other professional infrastructure (AWS, Azure, on-site infrastructure, …). we usually take care of hosting for the first 3 months to facilitate the implementation, testing and production phases.
dgenious does not work offline, but this is normally not a problem because the Internet connection is increasingly available everywhere (wifi or data).
The use of dgenious consumes very little bandwidth and dgenious works well even if the connection is not very good or very fast.
If the data has to be available offline, users can download .xls or .pdf files from dgenious, or automatically email these files to them, and then view them offline.
dgenious is designed for chains of shops, restaurants or hotels, which involves a large number of users at the same time.
dgenious supports a wide range of authentication and permissionning options (authentication=verify username + password, permission=what permissions are attached to a particular user, which restaurants or shops can be seen, can the user see cost or HR data, can he create reports, …).
- In the basic implementation, users and their rights are managed in dgenious, i.e. users and the permission groups they belong to are entered in dgenious, and their passwords are defined in dgenious.
- ldap / AD authentication: A typical option is to authenticate users with your ldap / AD server, i.e. you will still need to enter users in dgenious, but password verification is delegated to your ldap / AD server.
- ldap / AD authentication + permissions by other systems: dgenious can read user permissions from other databases (e.g. from your ERP, CRM, AD) to build and maintain a list of users and the rights attached to them (e.g. the manager of a particular restaurant). Generally, password verification is delegated to your ldap / AD server.
- SSO is also possible.
dgenious is a modern application designed to be accessible via the internet and used in a browser. From the beginning, security has been a central point and is continuously reassessed.
Yes, of course we are.
The dgenious license allows customers to use the latest version. dgenious cloud-hosted customers are always on the latest version; on-premise customers decide when to upgrade. We work with short release cycles, typically one week, with each release generally bringing minor improvements over the previous one. Some versions introduce major features. Updating dgenious is fully automated with apt (debian) or yum (RHEL) and normally takes less than a minute.